- How to unset fields in a MySQL database table
- How to get the subtitle of the parent page or home page with typoscript
- How I made an automatic "related pages" widget for TYPO3
- Create your own TYPO3 content elements with the Mask extension
- Typoscript "slide" functionality lets sub pages inherit parent's field values
How to add a new field to the pages table in TYPO3
Back when the old Kickstarter extension was used, I found it really easy to extend TYPO3 by adding fields to the tables. With the new way that TYPO3 works, I'm not as familiar with the procedure for extending tables.
I was looking for a way to add a simple checkbox field to the pages table and I came across a very thorough tutorial on the subject, complete with a downloadable extension.
You'll see all of the code that is used to extend the pages table of TYPO3 with a checkbox field and with a text field.