What you should install before doing the Wii shop update
What you need
- SD Card
- Wii connected to Internet
What to download
- Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers.
- This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
- Unrar the WiiSCU rar and copy the "Wii System Channels Updater" folder to sd:/apps
- I.e., you should have "sd:/apps/Wii System Channels Updater/boot.dol", "sd:/apps/Wii System Channels Updater/icon.png" and "sd:/apps/Wii System Channels Updater/meta.xml" when you are done.
- Start WiiSCU in the Homebrew Channel.
- Read the startup message, then push 1 when prompted to continue.
- Select the "Install IOS61 ?" option and set it to "-Trucha" with the D-pad.
- Select the "Wii Shop Channel ?" option and set it to "Yes" with the D-pad.
- Select the "Install/Update All Selected" option with the D-pad and Push A to "Go".
- You will be asked to confirm your action. Push A again.
- Wait as the tool downloads the needed information from the Internet and installs it on your Wii.
- Select Exit with A to close the application.
Once you've completed all of the steps, you should now be able to do a Wii shop update.