Basically I've been having some problems with TYPO3 4.3.0 in terms of image processing with ImageMagick. I've had problems with ImageMagick version 4.2.9 or whatever version it's called (the old one) and with ImageMagick version 6+.
Here is where I found a quick fix to get everything working with ImageMagick version 4.2.9 on TYPO3 v 4.3.0.
And in short, here is the solution to get ImageMagick 4.2.9 working in TYPO3 4.3.0 listed in the above link:
Shorthand solution: If you want to use IM 4.2.9 disable im_useStripProfileByDefault in install tool.
I did just that, and everything is working fine now as far as image processing goes.