Dyshidrotic Eczema is a type of eczema which primarily affects hands, soles, palms and feet in the form of itchy, painful blisters. This article will lay out some of the home remedies which are known to treat and give relief to hands and legs that are affected by dyshidrosis.
One of the main symptoms of this skin condition is appearance of blisters which can cause moderate to severe itching, cracked scaly skin and as a result of scratching the blisters may ooze resulting in secondary infections. This type of hand or feet eczema is definitely not contagious, so you do not have to worry about that part. However, it can cause great inconvenience while performing the daily routine activities and because of its appearance on the most exposed parts which are the hands and feet of the body, it might cause some distress to the person suffering from it.
The most common prescription for treating this condition is steroid based medication, ointments etc. which do provide relief especially when you are suffering from severe eczema, but the thing is the symptoms always appear again and hence it can be for some people a chronic recurring condition.
The good news is the following home remedies have proved to be quite effective in treating dyshidrotic eczema naturally:
- Moisturizing frequently with a mild moisturizer to ensure that the hands or feet do not get dry
- Soaking the affected parts in white vinegar or salt water soak for some period of time
- Never rub but instead gently pad drying the skin to avoid further irritation
- Avoiding hot baths instead using lukewarm water for baths
- Using only gentle, fragrance free soaps and other skin care products etc
- Avoiding harsh cleaning agents like detergents, chemicals etc and even with mild ones wearing protective cotton gloves and not synthetic ones.
- Avoiding Nickel completely
- Avoiding scratching and keeping the nails short and clean.
These are some of the home remedies that have proven very effective in treating and giving relief to dyshidrosis.
But keep in mind that what you need is a complete cure which takes care of the root cause of dyshidrotic eczema to completely eliminate so that it never occurs again.